This week will mark the beginning of a project that has been in the back of our minds since the day we moved into this house. A project that we’ve been planning for nearly a year now. A project that will be more than likely one of the largest projects we ever take on with this house. I’m talking about remodeling the office. Here’s the task at hand:
- Removing a large amount of wood paneling from the walls and replacing with drywall while also re-insulating the walls to make them more energy efficient.
- Removing the acoustical tiles from the ceiling and re-insulting it as well and refinishing it with drywall.
- Installation of recessed lighting in the ceiling
- Removal of poorly executed built-in cabinets
- Removal of faux brick surface on the fireplace and replacing with slate tile
- Adding a few additional outlets
- Installing a new 5’x3′ window to allow more natural light into the room
- 3 new exterior doors, 2 with new screen doors
- New baseboard heaters
- All new trim
It’s a big project but well worth it and I can’t wait to see the end result. The entire project is supposed to take around 3-4 weeks and hopefully it’ll get finished within that time. In the meantime I’m setup in the dining room and working from there, which is a nice change of pace and much brighter.